Monday, March 7, 2011
Well to say that I have needed to update the blog would be an understatement! Heck, I wish I could say this is me in the picture! As with any good intentioned behaviors this blog writing and dieting hit a HUGE WALL. I could call it the Holidays, My Birthday, Valentine's Day, or whatever. The truth is that I have started to make some bad food choices that lead me to the 343 pound woman I once was. I believe writing the Awful Number makes me realize that it is so easy to lose focus on what we really want in life.
There has been some great improvements in the past year, and I need to remember that. The big news was that I took 20 minutes off of my time for Susan's Young Adult Cancer run! I did it in 52 minutes and 58 seconds. I was so happy. I wanted a better time, but I didn't put in the effort that I should have,i.e Training better.
Here is the Offical Race times. http://www.alldistancerunning.com/SusansResults11.htm#5K_OVERALL_FEMALE
Eliisa's time is there as well, and YEP! She Kicked my butt again. Way to Go Eliisa!! You are an amazing example for me to follow. Now if I could just run faster than you.
So I have listed before ways to lose weight before on the blog, Here are some ways to gain weight faster and feel bad about yourself. (So if I don't do these things, I will be back on track)
1. Don't Exercise-Use that extra time to watch TV, Facebook, or surf the web/
2. Eat out at least 3 times a week. (If you can make sure that one meal is 1500-2000 calories you will pack it on FAST! My personal Favorite-Zinburger with Hand cut Fries, with a side order of MoJo Frozen Yogurt) It is great to feel like crap afterwards.
3. Stop eating a High Protein Breakfast. Instead fill up on Begals and cream cheese, or My personal Favorite English Muffins with Peanut Butter (Yes they are Gluten Free, But still)
4. Stop snacking on Veggies or Fruit-Chips and Yogurt are better tasting.
5. Eat late at night right before you fall asleep! The best choice of foods here are Pizza and Nachos. Before it included Hot Dogs. I just haven't found any I like.
6. Don't build yourself up spiritually every morning. There is no need to stop sleeping those extra 7 minutes when you could be doing Yoga, Praying, feeling closer to God. Maybe even finding that inner peace that is so missing in everyones life.
7. Stop drinking water all the time-Hot Chocolate is much Better than plain water. Don't forget to add the extra creamer to it. You can't miss out on those extra calories.
8. Stop Drinking the Nutriiveda Shakes 2 times a day- That way your product goes farther and you body will feel like crap because it is missing the vitamins and minerals that it needs.
9. Don't sleep- You need to stay up so that you can eat foods that are High in Fat, High in Salt, High in Sugar, and High in Calories. There are so many good TV programs on HULU.
10. Stop Journaling- You don't want any proof of what you are eating, what you are thinking, and plus that takes away from the TV time that you need to gain the weight.
SO this list might be funny, sad, disgusting, or any other words you can think of, but it was the formula that I have been using. It has helped me to gain 40 pounds back that I lost. Yep makes you feel like crap.
There are too many people like myself who forget the simple steps to losing weight.
B.O.B- Believe, Obey, Become
If I Believe in the Nutriiveda Transformation (which I do) then I will make sure that I am taking the 30 minutes to exercise. That I am eating for my dosha to put me in balance. That I believe that I can lose the 2nd 100 pounds and weigh 143 by September 2, 2011. It starts with the mind set of I can do anything.
If I OBEY the plan then I will not feel the need to "cheat". There are so many times in life when we want the short cut. But if we follow the instructions exactly then we find success. I found it interesting that during Susan's Run how many people were "cutting the corners" of the course. They weren't hurting anyone but themselves. No matter what you do, you have to Obey, to get the reward that you really want.
Then I will Become. I will become the physical beauty that I desire to be. I will then become healthier for my kids. I then will become a Positive force for good in the world. Then I become the athlete that I miss so much. Then I become the friend I need to be. Then I become what God wants me to Become.
Seeing that I know what to do. I have put it up for the world to see. I now need to put it in ACTION!! Maybe a Shake for breakfast would be a good way to start!