Monday, October 18, 2010

100 Pounds Lost! I don't want to find them

Finally 100 Pounds lost.

I have “dreamed” of that day for YEARS and I mean like over 16 years. That is when I realized how Fat I had become. It has been on my Bucket List for that long as well. So to say that I longed to be able to say that I made it seemed that it took about 4 weeks to finally get it off. The day came on October 10th 2010. That might not mean a lot to many people but it means the world to me. That day I weighed in at 241 pounds.

So what does it really mean to lose 100 pounds? The total amount as of October 16, 2010 since Feb. 1st is 105 pounds. Yep that is a small wrestler. So basically I lost a small 14-year-old boy a PERSON. As the numbers were read (yep, I close my eyes when I weigh in) I heard that it was 238. I knew I had finally made it. I didn’t cry or feel sad. I was in shock. But I still knew this meant that I still wasn’t even half way to my goal. To the friends who support and encourage me in this journey the best part was being told that you were proud of me. I never realized that having someone believe in me made it easier to keep trying. It helped me to understand that it is possible for me to accomplish anything that I put my mind to.

So what exactly has happened during this journey? What have I accomplished or been able to do again?

After not being able to walk 5 houses down the block, I was able to walk a mile, in Feb.
In March I was able to “Walk” my first 5k, and completed it in 1 hour and 10 minutes
In April I was able to “Walk” Pat’s Run 4.2 miles. It took me 90 minutes but I felt a sense of accomplishment.
In May I was able to win $250 for the 1st Nutriiveda Challenge
In June I was able to go down the waterslide with my kids for the first time ever. It is something that changed how I looked at this weight loss.
In July I was able to see my middle boy get baptized, and I wasn’t afraid or ashamed of how I might look in the pictures. (That was HUGE for me.) I also realized I have a collarbone!
In August I ran/jogged for the first time since 1985 when I ran Cross Country at Corona del Sol High school. I was just bored walking at Ben’s practice when I started to run. I had made it a whole lap around the track. It was so happy. (I so posted it on FB!!) But the part that was amazing and humbling was that Saturday I was at Ben’s football game and the kids were being crazy. I just wanted to get to the car and go home so I started to jog and then run with the Ben and Beth behind me. They caught up really quickly and Beth said, “Mom, do you know you are running, really running” I was caught off guard that my sweet 5 year old daughter had never seen me run. To her I was the mom who just sat on the couch or went to work because I didn’t have the energy to do anything.
In September I started to walk every Tuesday Night at the CDS track and a minimum of 2 miles. I also had started to walk on the treadmill every morning. It was a great way to start the day.
In October I realized that I could get faster if I ran the back part of the track and run up the stadium stairs. It has been great to feel muscle again my legs.

So the 2nd Nutriiveda Challenge was completed on the 16th of October
The final weigh in numbers are 238.0 pounds. My waist was 40 inches and my hips were 53.5 inches. That is a 15% weight loss in 12 weeks.
I would be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed in the fact that I still didn’t get the 100 pounds off in 12 weeks, But I cannot say that I am not proud of the accomplishment. (It has been a hard thing for me to admit!)
I was told that losing this weight is like climbing a mountain, yes the view from the top is the best, BUT the view is also beautiful when you are half way up the mountain.

This journey is not just a weight loss plan. (The biggest benefit!) But it is a mind, body, and spirit transformation. I can that there has been times when I have forgotten about the spiritual aspect and have felt empty. As I was able to redirect myself back to the most important thing I need to remember that I know what I know and I cannot deny it. This life is never easy and sometimes it is filled with doubt. It happens with the weight loss as well, I wonder could I have exercised more, could I have increased my intensity, could I have eaten better. The one conclusion is that it is the consistent actions that lead to the goal whether physical laws or spiritual laws.

I know that I am not a blogger but I do have goals. So here they are!!

I will be starting my 3rd Nutriiveda Challenge on November 1st. The reason is that when that Challenge is over it will be Feb. 1st 2011. The year mark.
I will be participating in the Dash and Splash again, my goal time is 35 minutes.
I will be completing the Book of Mormon by Jan. 4, 2011.
I will be attending the Temple weekly.
I will be walking every Tuesday Night at the CDS track.
I will be back in school to complete my degree.

I have been blessed with great friends who have taken the time to help me along the way. Thank you for your words of encouragement and support. To celebrate the 1st 100 pounds lost; on October 26th 2010 from 6pm –8pm we will be celebrating at Surreno’s on Arizona Avenue. Come join the celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment